Tenth Mountain Storytellers is here!
We’re only a few days away and we have a full day of activities, so we want to make sure you know exactly what to expect!
Upon arrival Saturday morning, you will check in at the will call tent with your ticket or a form of identification and receive your Saturday wristband. This wristband must be worn all day for entry and will grant you access to the day’s events. Event details below…
DON’T MISS EARLY MORNING STRETCH WITH LOCAL YOGA INSTRUCTOR, KIM FULLER! 8:30AM Kim will lead us on a casual stretch to get our blood flowing and our energy up!
Saturday August, 19th:
Location: Avon Amphitheater @ Nottingham Park (Rain or shine)
Doors Open: 9:00 AM
Enjoy all day programming with local and national tellers from 9:30AM-4:30PM. There will be two Break Out Sessions during the day for classes on storytelling from our professional tellers. There will also be two built in breaks during the day – one for lunch and one for dinner. The Town of Avon offers plenty of nearby places to walk for food, or bring a picnic and stay in the park.
Evening Performance: An evening Story Slam followed by an Evening of Storytelling and the stories behind Grammy Award Winning songs.
Show: 6:00 PM
- Getting There: If you’re staying in Avon, we recommend parking at your hotel and walking to the Amphitheater. It’s a short walk and the weather should be nice!
- Parking Options: There is no designated parking for the event attendees, but plenty of parking dispersed throughout the town center with a variety of on-street, parking lot and parking structure spaces available. All town parking is free with no overnight parking from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. Look out for Avon’s parking signs with easy to read blue circles and “P” designation. For a map of Town of Avon free parking, visit www.avon.org/parking
- Seating: Seating is first come throughout the day. Blankets and lawn chairs are allowed; In the breakout sessions, chairs will be provided.
- Medical and FAQs: We will offer complimentary sunscreen and water at the check in/information table, along with a basic First Aid kit. In the event of an emergency, event staff will call police and medical authorities. For more details and FAQ’s visit :https://www.tenthmountainstorytellers.com/questions/
- Alcohol: A bar will be provided at Saturday evening events, including alcohol, water and sodas. All attendees purchasing alcohol will require proof of identification. No exceptions will be made. Please drink responsibly and never drink and drive.
- Nearby Food: During Lunch and Dinner you'll have a break for dinner.
**Please note: Altitude can greatly increase the risk of sunburn and intoxication. Please stay hydrated, use sunscreen and drink responsibly.